I woke up with a craving for breakfast cake this morning. I decided I would make something quick and easy, hoping there was cinnamon, nuts and cake mix in the cabinets. Yipee, it was there. Daughter woke up 30 minutes later and said, “I love when I wake up and there’s cake. Good morning to me!”
Cinnamon Almond Streusel Bundt Cake
1 box Cherrybrook Kitchen Vanilla Cake Mix
3 Large eggs
1 cup vanilla rice milk (or milk if you want)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tsp GF vanilla extract
1/2 package vanilla instant pudding mix
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped almonds (I had a bag of slivered almonds from another recipe and just chopped them up) Use any nut that strikes your fancy.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a bundt pan with olive oil, or butter if you want. Set aside.(I have a great nonstick bundt pan)
3. Mix all ingredients for the cake in a large bowl. I just use a fork and mix for a minute or two till it’s all mixed together and smooth.
4. Mix streusel filling together in a bowl till crumbly and mixed together.
5. Pour 1/3 of mixture into bottom of cake pan and spread out.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 of streusel mix over cake mix. Cover with next 1/3 of cake mixture.
7. Sprinkle second 1/2 of streusel mix and cover with remaining cake batter, evening out with a spatula.
8. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
9. Let cool for about 20 minutes before loosening with a knife around the edges and tipping over onto a plate.
I put a drizzle of glaze made from orange juice and powdered sugar once the cake was cooled. That’s optional, although it really is good.